Friday 6 March 2015

Because I can express romantic love too.

The journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step.
14 years ago, we made a commitment on this day, which has turned out to be the best and most wonderful decision of my life. We never knew that the journey would include kids, homes, finances, travels, shifting continents, creating homes of houses, sleepless nights, ER visits in the middle of the night, or any of the big battles that we have fought together, standing side by side. And I am happy we did not. Because young love needs to be naive and brash, believe in the impossible, and try its best to attain it. We have had that bashed and banged out of us along the way when we hit hard bumps, potholes, or even complete road blocks. But together we have always found a way, and we have carried on and gotten the better of it all. We have fought like cats and dogs, but we have been the greatest support to each other as well. I cannot think of anyone, who would complete me, as wholly as you do, dear hubby!

And so I dedicate a poem to you, that is one of my absolute favourites, and its all about love, but not 'lovely' at all. Just the way we like it. Fun, not mush. Here is to 14 more lifetimes with you.



To My Valentine
More than a catbird hates a cat, 
Or a criminal hates a clue, 
Or the Axis hates the United States, 
That's how much I love you.
 
I love you more than a duck can swim, 
And more than a grapefruit squirts, 
I love you more than a gin rummy is a bore, 
And more than a toothache hurts.
 
As a shipwrecked sailor hates the sea, 
Or a juggler hates a shove, 
As a hostess detests unexpected guests, 
That's how much you I love.
 
I love you more than a wasp can sting, 
And more than the subway jerks, 
I love you as much as a beggar needs a crutch, 
And more than a hangnail irks.
 
I swear to you by the stars above, 
And below, if such there be, 
As the High Court loathes perjurious oathes, 
That's how you're loved by me. 

No comments: